Muangthai Capital Public Company Limited ("the Company"), formerly named D.S. Leasing Company Limited and changed to Muangthai Leasing Public Company Limited afterwards and founded by Mr. Chuchat Petaumpai and Mrs. Daonapa Petampai, was registered on 22 May 1992. At the beginning, the Company had the registered capital with the total of 2 million baht, and its operations are to offer hire purchase loans to all brand new and used motorcycles through its dealers in Phisanulok and other provinces in the lower northern region, such as Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet, Pichit, and so on. The target customers were people with daily or monthly regular incomes, agriculturists, and self-employed individuals. After that, the Company extended its product lines by offering a vehicle title loan to a customer with complete payment of his or her loan amount. In addition, the Company further extended its product lines by introducing an automobile title loan and an agricultural vehicle title loan to serve different groups of customers. In 2001, The company was renamed Muangthai Leasing Company Limited on 28 August, 2001; moreover, the Company discontinued the hire purchase loan, due to a highly-competitive market in which many motorcycle manufacturers and dealers started offering the hire purchase loan for their own customers.
28 Years of MTC
The Company founed since May 22, 1992
In 2006, the Company foresaw an opportunity to expand its business to a microfinance. Under the supervision of Bank of Thailand, the Company submitted an application to launch its microfinance business; the Company received a license certificate from the Ministry of Finance on 31 August 2006. Since 2006, the Company has provided microfinance services through its own branches.
In 2015, after receiving the approval from the Ministry of Finance on 26 May 2015, the Company extended its product lines to meet different needs of its customers, such as nano-finance loans (retail loans for microenterprises under the BOT’s supervision) and land title loans.
In 2016, the Company offered different loan payment channels via Counter Service or automatic payment machines.
In 2017, the company added more channels for customers through Big C, Tesco Lotus, and AirPay.
In 2018, the company changed the name from Muangthai Leasing Public Company Limited (MTLS) to Muangthai Capital Public Company Limited (MTC) on 26 April 2018. In addition to that, the company has progresses and developments in all dimensions, especially in the area of good corporate governance by providing fair and transparent services to the customers. This year, the company has launched a mobile application "Muangthai Capital 4.0" for iOS and Android systems to greatly facilitate customers to check the outstanding balance and find our branches. In this year, the company’s corporate governance has been assessed and received "excellent" score by Thai Institute of Director (IOD) for the first time. Moreover, the company has also been selected to be included in MSCI Global Standard Indexes.
In 2019, Muangthai Capital Public Company Limited has a strong growth in terms of business and ready to launch a new credit product “new motorcycle hire and purchase” to our good existing customers in order to expand and strengthening the customer base. Due to the company’s continuous development, strong growth and stable financial status since listing in the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the company recently received an upgrade in the credit rating from BBB to BBB+ by Tris Ratings, which is an important factor that encourages the company to first time offer public bonds in which enabling the company to access and diversify variety of funding sources. Besides, the company has also been selected to be included in the FTSE and has been rated A by the MSCI ESG Index. Moreover, the company received the prestigious “the Board of the Year 2018 Award” from the Thai Institute of Director (IOD), which is the only award in the capital market given to the board of Thai listed companies who perform in accordance with the principles of good governance and be able to perform duties as a leader with efficiency.
“Intimate services like closed family members.”
As the Company’s main target customers are local people in different regions, building healthy relationships with customers is a key success as stated the company’s slogan, “Intimate services like closed family members.” With this practice, the Company has built on trust with customers, and the Company has continually expanded its branches to cover more service areas throughout the country in order to support the business growth. As of 31 December 2018, the Company had 3,279 branches throughout the country.
- The Company was confirmed its credit rating on BBB+ level and stable outlook by TRIS rating, the credit rating agency, even in the situation of COVID-19 which has caused fluctuations in the economy worldwide.
- The Company was rated A by MSCI ESG Index.
- The company was selected as one of the Thailand Sustainability Investment (THSI) and participated in the calculation of the SET THSI Index for the second consecutive year.
- The Company was selected in FTSE4Good Index for the first year.
- The Company supported customers and other stakeholders during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The Company, for the first time, received ASEAN Asset Class PLCs 2019 by ASEAN Capital Market Forum (ACMF).
- The Company was awarded the Royal Award of Thailand Corporate Excellence Awards 2020.
- The Company, received an honor award from SET Awards 2020.
- The Company received a credit rating upgraded from BBB to BBB+ by Tris Rating
- The Company, for the first time, initiated the retail investor scheme by issuing Public Offering (PO) Bonds.
- The Company was included in FTSE Mid Cap Index calculation.
- The Company received A Rating in MSCI ESG Index.
- The Company extended its new product line, Hire & Purchase of new motorcycle.
- The Board of Directors was awarded, the first time, "Board of the Year" from IOD Thailand.
- The company has been certified that it has passed a self-assessment process that has a policy and a complete internal anti-corruption guideline in accordance with the criteria of the Private Sector Collective Action Against Corruption - CAC).
- The company was selected as one of the Thailand Sustainability Investment (THIS) and participated in the calculation of the SET THSI Index for the first year.
- The Company’s name, Muangthai Leasing Public Company Limited, was renamed to Muangthai Capital Public Company Limited on 26 April 2018.
- New branches were launched to expand its service areas in each region; 81 branches in the North, 231 branches in the North-East, 456 branches in the Central, and 87 branches in the South. The total number of new branches was 855.
- Muangthai Capital 4.0 App was launched in order to increase customers’ experience of balance checking.
- The sixth auction center was established in Ratchaburi Provice to operate the auction activities for the Northern region, started since 27 April 2018.
- Opened more branches to expand service areas in each region; 66 more branches in the North, 226 more branches in the North-East, 389 more branches in the Central, and 79 more branches in the South. Total number of new branches was 760 branches.
- Launched more channel for customer to pay back through Big C , Tesco Lotus and AirPay
- Opened the fifth auction center in Nakhon Ratchasima province to facilitate the auctions for branches throughout the North Eastern region. The first auction was on 27 July 2017.
- Opened more branches to expand service areas in each region; 87 more branches in the North, 282 more branches in the North-East, 282 more branches in the Central, and 73 more branches in the South. Total number of new branches was 724 branches.
- Launched more channel for customer to pay back through counter services
- Launched a new product of Land title deed loan (personal loan with land title deed as collateral).
- Started a Nano Finance business with a permission granted from Ministry of Finance dated 26 May 2015.
- Expand branch network in the Southern region by opening the first southern branch in Suratthani province.
- Opened the third auction center in Chonburi province to facilitate the auctions for branches throughout the Central and the Eastern region. The first auction was on 21 February 2014.
- Opened the fourth auction center in Khonkaen province to facilitate the auctions for branches throughout the North Eastern region. The first auction was on 20 March 2014.
- The annual general shareholders’ meeting in 2014 which was arranged on 28 April 2014 has approved the Company to proceed the followings:
- Transforming to public company limited
- Changing the par value of 100 baht per share to 1 baht per share
- Increasing the registered capital of 545 million baht so that the Company’s capital increased from the former 1,575 million baht to 2,120 million baht, by issueing 545 million new common shares with the par value of 1 baht with the allotment as follows:
- 502.50 million right-offering shares offered to the public
- 42.50 million right-offering shares offered to directors, executives and employee of the Company and/or its subsidiary
- On 26 November 2014, the Company’s common shares was started trading in the Stock Exchange of Thailand for the first time. As of 31 December 2014, the Company has total 506 branches.
- Increased the registered capital of 315 million baht, from 1,260 million baht to 1,575 million baht, by issuing new common stock of 3,150,000 shares with the par value of 100 baht. The shares were offered to the existing shareholders and the fund were used for expanding lending portfolio.
- Increased the registered capital of 160 million baht, from 1,100 million baht to 1,260 million baht, by issuing new common stock of 1,600,000 shares with the par value of 100 baht. The shares were offered to the existing shareholders and the fund were used for expanding lending portfolio.
- Opened the first and second car auction centers, in Phitsanuloke province and Ayudhaya province to facilitate the auctions for branches throughout the Northern, the Central and the Eastern region.